Fees and Customer Pricing for the Black Hawk County Sanitary Landfill are set by the The Black Hawk County Solid Waste Management Commission. The Commission works hard to provide cost effective services for the cities and counties withing the Landfill Service Area.
Fess are dependent upon the weight of the material deposited. Additional fees apply for certain types of materials and also for loads that are not properly contained during transport to the Black Hawk County Sanitary Landfill.
Landfill Fees and Customer Pricing
- Cash or Check Only. Returned checks will be assessed a $20 service fee.
- Tipping Fee is $38.25/ton (effective July 1, 2017) with a $9 minimum fee. This fee is pro-rated and is dependent upon the weight of the material deposited.
- Mixed Loads (containing garbage and yard waste) will be charged $80.00/ton (effective July 1, 2017).
- View the Current Pricing Schedule (effective July 1, 2017).
- As of July 1, 2018, a $2 per ton rate increase will be in effect for all weight based fees. This rate increase was approved by the Black Hawk County Solid Waste Management Commission during the regular scheduled meeting on Thursday, August 24th, 2017.
- ALL loads must be transported inside of a closed vehicle OR covered 100% with a tarp, tied down, and secured in all areas from the point of origin (or an additional uncovered load fee will apply).
- Tires and appliances (including light fixtures and bulbs) must be separated from other wastes and deposited at the Small Loads Facility. Users will be charged the tipping fee, plus an additional recycling fee for each tire or appliance.
- Tires, appliances, and light fixtures (including bulbs) that are improperly deposited at the Small Loads Facility or deposited at the working face of the Cell will receive an additional charge.
- See the Current Pricing Schedule (above) for more details.